UWA Gives Discounted Offers to National Parks
Do you know that you still have a chance to visit Uganda on discounted offers? YES, Uganda Wildlife Authority has further extended discounted offers to all National Parks across
Uganda. Discounts on park entrance fees, Mountain gorilla permits and chimpanzee permits will run till end of June 2021. This cancels the initial offer, which ran from December 2020 to March 2021. The extended discounts in Uganda are aimed at promoting visits to National Parks and all other tourism destinations in the Pearl of Africa. Since March 2020, Uganda tourism has faced a big blow with no visits to National Parks.
All countries across the world put restrictions on travel in a bid to contain the spread of the deadly corona virus across countries. International airports and land borders were closed. Fortunately, towards the end of 2020, there was some relaxation on travels which has seen some few clients come through to refresh and take part in post covid Uganda safaris.
The slow but steady pick up of tourism in Uganda has therefore encouraged Uganda Wildlife Authority to extend discounted offers so as to enable travelers visit Uganda at budget prices. Promotion of domestic tourism is another reason for the extension of discounted rates in Uganda. Check all the details with Gorilla Trek Africa Limited, your number one Uganda safari company
Promotional Rates to Uganda
The discounted rates in Uganda covers 50% on park entrance fees to savannah parks of Uganda. These are Murchison falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, Lake Mburo National Park and Semliki Valley National Park. The discount also covers birding fees and wildlife reserves to all national Parks all over the country. The discounted rates for gorilla safaris in Bwindi Forest and Mgahinga Gorilla National Parks are $400 for foreign non-residents, $300 for foreign residents and 150,000 for East Africans. Promotional chimpanzee permits are $150 for foreign non-residents, $100 for foreign residents and Shs 100,000 for Ugandans and East African citizens.
Initial Park entrance fees to Uganda
The initial park entrance fees to Uganda National Parks was $40 for foreign non residents, $30 for foreign residents and 20,000UGX for Ugandans and Eat African residents. This money was valid for 24 hours after which a traveler is expected to leave the Park or pay again. School children to Uganda savannah parks pay UGX 3000 for adults while the young ones pay 2,000UGX. More so, the initial costs of gorilla trekking in Uganda was $700 for foreign residents, $600 for foreign residents and UGX 250,000 for East African citizens. For chimpanzees, the initial cost was $200 for foreign non-residents, $150 for foreign residents and UGX 100,000 East African citizens.
Why Visit Uganda
There are lots of interesting tourism attractions and activities for travelers visiting Uganda. The top things to see and do in Uganda include:
- Mountain gorilla trekking: Uganda gorilla safaris to trek the endangered mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is the top done travel activity for most travelers in Uganda. The Pearl of Africa is home to the highest number of mountain gorillas in the world counting to over 450 gorillas, which make half of the total world’s gorilla population. Bwindi Forest shelters 17 gorilla permits while Mgahinga Park has 1 Nyakagyezi Gorilla Family. Interestingly, Uganda is offering discounted gorilla permits to encourage more travelers to visit gorillas. The introduction of Kigali to Bwindi gorilla trekking to do a 1 Day Uganda gorilla trek has made it possible for short time travelers to also trek the endangered gorillas. Gorilla Trek Africa is your trusted gorilla safari company to book permits and arrange a tailor-made gorilla tour to Bwindi and Mgahinga Gorilla National parks. If you want to spend more time (4 hours) with the gorillas, take part in our guided gorilla habituation experience done in Rushaga sector, south of Bwindi Forest Park.
- Chimpanzee trekking: Go to trek chimpanzees in Kibale Forest National Park, the primate’s capital of Africa. Chimpanzees are close relatives of man sharing over 99% of human genes. The human like behaviors of chimpanzees makes an encounter with them magical. Other places to see chimpanzees in Uganda include Cyambura gorge in Queen Elizabeth Park, Budongo Forest in Murchison Falls Park and Kalinzu Forest. Besides chimpanzees, Kibale Forest National park is also home to several other primates including red tailed monkeys, black and white colubus, Blue monkeys, Vervet monkeys and baboons among others.
- Game Viewing: Enjoy guided game viewing safaris in the savannah parks of Uganda. The top places for game viewing in Uganda include Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth, Kidepo Valley, Pian Upe game Reserve and Lake Mburo National parks. Morning, evening and night game drives offer you great views of wild animals such as buffalos, Elephants, Lions, Leopards, Hynes, Cheetahs, Giraffes, Topis, Elands, Uganda kobs, Waterbucks, Hippos and Bushbucks among others.
- Mountain Climbing: Join a Uganda mountaineering safari to the summit of any volcano. The most hiked mountains in Uganda are the snow caped Mt Rwenzori which is the third highest in Africa. Other volcanoes to hike in Uganda are the Mt Gahinga, Mt Sabinyo and Mt Muhabura both located in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
- Golden Monkey Trekking: Do not miss an encounter with the endangered golden monkeys on your Uganda tour to Mgahinga gorilla National park with Gorilla Trek Africa. Fortunately, golden monkey trekking costs $100, which is much lower compared, to other primates in Uganda.